Riser pull-in systems are normally equipped with some 400-800 m of wire and have a pulling capacity of 150 – 600T. Most systems are based on hydraulic drives, but electrical drives may also be delivered.
All systems have design and performance to suit clients requirements. Most of the systems are certified for operations in hazardous areas.
The most common designs include:
- Skiddable system, or part of system, installed on special made skiddable trolley moving along vessels ship side. Sheave (or winch) can be positioned in dedicated locations for each individual pull-in operation.
- Skiddable system on circular rail system on turret. Sheave (or winch) can be positioned in dedicated locations for each individual pull-in operation.
- Stationary winch for pull-in of buoy (Submerged Turret Systems), risers and anchor chains.
- Automatic or manual spooling device
- Hydraulic power unit
- Special sheave arrangement, trolleys etc.